Monday, April 6, 2009

Just call me Tom Sawyer

Did you know that you have to cut back elderberry bushes to the ground every spring? I have three, and I'd managed to cut down one so far. Buffy and her friend Rosmerta found the long, straight sticks and immediately started building a teepee (the Great Idea of the previous post). But they didn't have enough sticks. Would I cut some more for them? No, I was busy, but I allowed them to cut down the bush themselves. They were so pleased with the results that they ran back in to ask if they could cut down the other one. Heh, heh, heh.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Can you come motivate my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fence they can white-wash if they really want to have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Lee Ann Setzer's blog about books, writing, and life in general.